YouTube channels that’ll help your space get a vintage feel
Although we may love to have things that are new, one can never deny the character, prestige and touch of class that a piece of artistic history adds to your home.
A vintage movie poster, or an old piece of furniture can sometimes do for a room, what the most expensive piece of furniture cannot, and the delight it brings with it if you have made it yourself is immeasurable.
Like a fine wine, everyday objects with a few years on them only get better with age. Here are a few tutorials, tips and DIY projects that will help you paint your home in colors of wear and tear.
1. Vlogger Lily Jarlsson explains how to add a retro touch to your home with simple yet elegant pieces of history from garage sales, antique shops and other collectible items.
2. Turn your walls into vintage showcases by using everyday items for a quick DIY fix.
3. Wood like wine portrays the passing of time with grace, which Vlogger Nastazsa shows us how to create using easily available articles to add a rustic appeal to your bedroom.
4. What better than a DIY shelf to flaunt your prized pieces of art and decor, all using pieces of wood and a length of rope?
5. Never go shopping for a nightstand again with this easy DIY guide that will always beat a store bought piece of furniture and leave your friends awestruck with its rustic splendour.
6. A handy guide to 12 pieces of one of a kind pieces of furniture from a coffee table made out of old suitcases to a wall vase made out of used bottles will make your home look like a million bucks without costing you the same.
7. China Bone from the yesteryears has an immensely pleasing and gratifying effect on the eyes, enhancing the charm of your living room interior.
8. If you have mason jars, old buckets or a wooden crate lying about the house, Vlogger Lara Elizabeth shows you how to turn into vintage decorations that are hard to dispose off.
9. Use a plank, empty jars and some rope to infuse life into your walls and brighten up your day with this quick DIY vase to cradle your fresh flowers.
10. Movie posters from the bygone era are always a good idea to jazz up your place with a retro and pop culture undertone for a truly vintage decor touch.